Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blog 15: Reflection

                When I first walked into class on our first day here, I thought to myself, “Wow, these people really look like a bunch of weirdos. I’m not going to have any friends, I’m going to hate this class and my professors and I’m going to destroy the world.” I’m not even kidding, that’s exactly what I thought. Now, twelve weeks later I’m sitting here writing a reflection on myself and I can’t believe those thoughts crossed my mind.
Class wasn’t what I expected it to be. I loved that rather than picking apart pieces of literature and simply analyzing them, we discussed films and literature while taking our philosophies and ethics into consideration. From this, I was able to think critically about certain issues that were displayed in any of the films such as ethics, free will, the government and other challenging ideas. I also enjoyed writing in the format of a blog rather than a traditional paper. The idea of being able to write my ideas out casually as if I were blogging on my own time really appealed to me. I also loved the interaction with the blogs such as getting feedback from other students.  I feel this also helped me become a better writer. I took a lot of the critique my professor gave to me very seriously and used it to improve my writing.
I also feel like I’ve become a better student.  I’ll admit, I’m still not the best student, but I’ve definitely improved. In high school, I had a lot of issues with doing any type of homework at all, yet in these classes I’ve completed a good amount of the assignments and to be honest, I’m very proud of myself for that. I’m not sure what about the class made me want to do my assignments; I can guess that because the class is driven by others’ ideas and opinions, it enticed me.  I’m a very opinionated person, so I enjoyed that. I hope to keep up the good work in actually completing my assignments and improve further in my next classes. As for the “weirdos” I was talking about earlier, a good portion of them are now my really good friends. It was really fun to meet all the new people in this class. I love how there are so many people with so many different personalities. I wanna be friends with them forever!
Thanks for a fun class. :] *Thumbs Up*
               

No comments:

Post a Comment